English is one of the official languages in Nigeria, and would be the principal means of communication at the Conference. However, the franco lanuga is Pidgin, which can be understood by most participants from West Africa. There are more than 500 official languages in Nigeria, which speaks to the Country’s diversity of cultures and tribes. There are more than 500 different ethnic groups that live in Nigeria.
Health and Safety
Vaccination against Hepatitis A and B and rabies are required if you are travelling from a country outside of the US. Here are a few other safety tips:
- Be vigilant at all times.
- Make copies of bank and credit cards, and other important documentation in case they are lost or stolen.
- Secure valuable, personal belongings within the hotel safe.
- Avoid public or local demonstrations.
- Remain alert when walking around at night, and abide by the local government laws.